Tuesday 5 October 2010

Just in time for the cuts.

I have just spent half an hour on the phone to physio direct our local refer yourself physio service,all I needed was an appointment with the physio when she is at the docs surgery, as I have hurt my shoulder probably whilst dragging myself up the stairs by the bannister thanks to the other nonsense.Blimey it was like twenty questions,in fact she needed or wanted to know more than my rheumatologist did.I finally persuaded her I wasn't up to cycling 9 miles to the hospital for physio.
For years I have walked in a slightly lopsided fashion, enough to warrant an occasional "oh have you hurt yourself"type comment from friends and relatives,I always dismissed it with "oh I have a slight scoliosis it must knock me a bit off centre" but now I wonder.
I had my appointment with my rheumatologist for my psoriatic arthritis and he decided what I thought was crippling tendon pain and pins and needles was in fact "markedly increased muscle tone with bilateral clonus along with a reduction in sensation in the S1 dermatome"
They did an xray of my spine which showed no changes from the last time it was done,I have had an MRI but haven't had the results yet,I have several choices of complaint,a slipped disc could be causing the symptons or it could be worse,not only do I have  all these tests I now have to see a neurologist,seems MS or an MND are also possibilities.Just my bloody luck,crippledom just as the tories are clamping down on benefits.
PS.
Don't tell mad nad I blogged whilst disabled and working or she might be tempted to tell tales about me.

No comments: