Thursday 15 July 2010

The saga(you couldn't make it up)

My life has become a saga/disaster movie/horror story.
The bosses are away again,camping for a week,so all I have to do is clean the house feed the kitties and do the itty bit of washing up and laundry they left behind...
They went Saturday,Sunday the dishwasher broke down,Monday the burglar alarm had a hissy fit and the panel kept beeping at me until I sussed that it was because a trip switch had gone..Tuesday I found that the washing machine breaking had tripped the switch,as well as the cats had somehow caught and murdered a kingfisher it must already have been sick or hurt those cats would be hard pushed to catch a cold,wednesday I discovered that kingfisher is obviously too rich,there was cat sh*t everywhere around the ruddy house.

So yesterday I decided after work to do some repairs to the chicken house,I had to take some of the old rotten wood off and replace it with fresh and also use new non rusty nails and screws.......
all goes according to plan until I step back to admire my handiwork,feel feathers on the back of my leg,step backwards over the chooks behind me straight onto a rusty nail.......
I remove the nail and attached plank from my foot and I squeeze the wound and give it a damned good scrub and think no more of it apart from a slight bruised feeling.
I went to bed,fell asleep and woke up an hour later in excruciating pain.........
Went to the docs this morning for antibiotics(it is obviously festering and the doc asked what I expected having injected myself with chicken poop) the doc gave me co amoxiclav then sent me round to the nurse for a top up on the old tetanus vaccine only for the nurse to find that there isn't a complete vaccination record for me as a child so she gives me a booster jab........I am back from the hospital having had Human tetanus immunoglobulin injected into the same arm as the ruddy vaccine, I can barely walk for swollen painful festering foot and my arm hurts.
 I said to Grubby today that if I told someone all this they would think I must be making it up,can I soon have some better luck please? 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Blimey ! why didn't you go straight to the docs? You naughty girl;0) Any puncture wound should be seen asap. I know how painful that is having done the same things many years ago.............Hope its feeling a bit better by tomorrow.....
As for cleaning up cat shite ! euk
it stinks and I just couldn't do it.

seasidegirl said...

Oh dear Lord, you are not fit to be let out on your own......
rusty nails, cat sh*t and intravenously injected hen poop....mmmmm...could well be worth keeping those tetanus jabs up to date, in your case it will save the NHS thousands, got to do our bit in these times of cuts :-)

Hope your OK and a bit less frazzled :-)

Anonymous said...

So basically, you've had day of have sharp metal objects be stuck into you. Sounds nasty...