Saturday 5 February 2011

Neurology ...

My neurology appointment was brought forward to yesterday based on my clinical need.
I want firstly to say ' sorry' to my doc, It seems I was expected to be better by now and for this to be declared a post viral thing,but sadly not, she has narrowed down diagnosis based on symptoms  to three possible conditions,
Hereditary spastic paraplegia   Rare about 3 in 100,000
Adrenoleukodystrophy  Ridiculously rare,even more so in women,if I have this it is a very mild version of the 'Lorenzo's oil' illness.
primary prgressive multiple sclerosis  Most likely out of the three known options.
I have to go to the neurology day unit at Addenbrookes hospital for a phalanx of tests,including blood,genetic,lumbar puncture,more MRIs etc etc.
I am now on amitriptyline for nerve pain and the dreadful headaches I am getting and baclofen for for spasticity(very tight stiff muscles) and spasms(cramps).
I can't have DMDs or physio or any real treatment until the cause of my symptoms has been found.......

No comments: