Tuesday 3 May 2011

Life in the strange lane.

I am still waiting for the results of my LP, MRI and what seemed like 8000 blood tests that were all done at Addenbrookes on 17th march.
I usually see a neuro at my more local hospital,so I rang there again today to see what was going on.
The neurology department haven't even bothered turning off their answerphone today!
So I took things into my own hands,I rang Addenbrookes where the tests were done,they sent the test results to my local hospital on 12th April and cannot give me the results over the phone,but the really lovely lady I spoke to is going to fax the results to my GP ,I am then seeing a doctor on Friday.........not my usual GP she is on maternity leave(I am doomed,my life is never simple)
Now you may think I am kicking up a lot of fuss,but things don't seem to move along unless I kick them :-)
The reason behind all this is my beautiful  grandson,I just want to be sure I don't have a leukodystrophy that could kick in and affect him badly.I am sure you have all heard of Lorenzo's oil and therefore adrenoleukodystrophy.
As it stands I still think I have MS albeit an unusual presentation or I have conversion/functional/software disorder.
I swear I have probably read more neurology books,papers and ideas than some neurologists have.
Things are moving along on daughter off to Australia area too,I now have her two moggies in residence and they are being fairly good,although Claude, the small village idiot version of a cat, just cannot work out a catflap so, is having to have a litter tray for now,much to my disgust.
Sarah is doing her rounds of goodbyes and doesn't yet know we are springing a big get together on her on Sunday ahead of her leaving the following weekend.
I am to become redundant as of 21st of this month,I rang the social who tell me I can apply after the 16th.
It is quite frightening to think that if my health doesn't improve I may never be offered work again.
Sid my oldest ex battery hen is really showing signs of slowing down now,I expect she won't quite make the second anniversary of her release on the 16th May.

1 comment:

seasidegirl said...

Well, it sounds as if they need an electric cattle prod to get moving on those tests. At least you should know a bit more on Friday, good luck, I hope it's good news. Don't forget to take a list of questions with you and don't worry too much about your grandson, I'm sure the odds are with him and he'll be fine.

It must be hard to see Sarah going but enjoy the party, she'll soon be back and the change will do her good.

As to your benefits, it depends on the those tests I suppose but you might be better of going down the ESA route than JSA. Don't forget to claim your council tax and housing benefits as well,

Oh, and nearly two years of freedom is great for a battery hen, well done you.

It's a tough patch but you'll be OK, take care xxx